“Only if you do something wild enough to be worth writing about.”
Matt jumped up and knocked over the drying rack holding my roommate’s laundry. “Is that wild enough?”
“No, that’s just obnoxious,” I laughed.
“Sorry, Viv,” Matt said, picking up her clothes.
He still hasn’t done anything wild enough to be worth writing about, but Matt is a huge part of my life here and it’d be a bit ridiculous to writing a series of college posts without mentioning him.
Reasons why Matt is actually the best:
- He’s such a dad. He takes care of us even when we don’t ask him to, and he’ll be there no matter the time of day or the inconvenience for him.
- He genuinely cares about everyone so much.
- He always has a project, like setting up a mini garden and aquaponics system on his college-issued desk.
- He loves adventures. He’s always down for a day or weekend trip.
- He’ll debate about things he cares about, and never makes it personal.
- He’s the silliest person I know, and never hesitates to make strange noises that have me in fits of laughter.
- But he also handles serious situations well. We once sat on the stairs for an hour in the middle of the night when we were both in minor crisis mode and made game plans.
- He’ll be my housemate all of next year and we’ll probably buy groceries at Wegman’s at ridiculous hours instead of being normal adults.
- “We’re old enough to know better but we’re doing it anyway.”
Happy Birthday, Matt! (in 13 days so I bet you weren’t expecting this. I can be unpredictable sometimes too)
This post is part of my April A to Z Challenge. For more All Things College posts, click here.