So travel selfies aren’t your thing? Never fear, you can still take ridiculous pictures while traveling to mix up your camera roll’s neverending series of churches, museums, architecture, and food. Here’s how to get top-notch international silly photos.
1. Monkey around
No more monkeys jumping on the bed.
2. Pretend every church belongs to you
That’s what the Christians did with the mosques, so you’re fine.
3. Lose an arm
Who needs proportions anyway?
4. Always stick your face in cut-outs
The original PhotoShop.
5. Teach your parents how to sass.
My dad caught on quickly.
6. Bring prom to Portugal.
Feel free to skip the limousine and take a tiny boat instead.
7. Hug Redwood trees
They just remind us of home, okay?
8. Take any (and every) opportunity to become Vanna White.
I’ll buy a 15th century tile, Pat.
9. Be disrespectful of religious symbols.
In our defense, this Jesus was extremely terrifying.
10. Nakedly caress Hans Christian Andersen’s house.
Ah, the plight of literature fiends wearing straplesss dresses.
11. Become dogs.
Do they teach Spanish dogs to kiss on both cheeks instead of shake hands? These are the questions that plague me at night.
12. Honor Spanish traditions.
Didn’t like being a dog? That’s okay, be a bull instead. Or a matador, if you’re not into getting killed.
13. Attempt to get kicked out of museums.
We didn’t succeed. Life is so unfair.
14. Rock the meme graffiti.
Street art is badass.
15. Touch backlit castles.
All the locals do it, I promise.
16. Take photos for your Portuguese rap album cover.
When in Rome. I mean Sintra.
17. Become America’s Next Top Model(s).
Where’s Tyra when you need her?
18. Try not to fall down stairs.
I went to the Sagrada Familia and all I got was this awesomely ridiculous photo.