If we’re friends on Goodreads, you know I’m constantly adding books to my TBR (to-be-read) list. I currently have over 500 books on that list, many of which have been waiting to be read since 2012, yet I’m constantly adding more to my TBR.
Here are 10 books I’ve recently added to my TBR:
1. The Argonauts by Maggie Nelson, based on recommendations from Powell’s employees.
2. We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, which I hope to read in this year’s Read Harder Challenge.
3. Tender Points by Amy Berkowitz, based on a suggestion from the New York Public Library blog.
4. Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri, a book I have on my bookshelf at home but I realized wasn’t on my TBR list.
5. Echo by Pam Muñoz Ryan, because people are loving it on Goodreads and diverse books rock.
6. Things I Have Learned in My Life So Far by Stefan Sagmeister. He’s a well-known designer and his memoir is probably pretty rad.
7. The Masked Truth by Kelley Armstrong. A few of my blog buddies were raving about this book, so I bought it (something I never do!) and it’s waiting for me in Ithaca.
8. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank. I’ve read snippets, but visiting the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam over Thanksgiving inspired me to pick this one up.
9. Finding Mañana: A Memoir of Cuban Exodus by Mirta Ojito. I recently read another of Ojito’s books and really enjoyed it, so I’m hoping to read this one soon too.
10. Hope Was Here by Joan Bauer, which was given to me by a friend clearing out her bookshelves and looks GREAT.
What books have you recently added to your TBR for 2016? How long IS that list, anyway?
Top Ten Tuesday is a linkup on The Broke and the Bookish.
7 thoughts on “Top Ten Books I’ve Recently Added to My TBR”
Pingback: Top Ten Books I’ve Recently Added to My TBR – musnadjia423wordpress
500?! Bloody hell, I don’t know which I’m more impressed by – getting to that number, or knowing it! My main goal is reading through more of Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series (and other series he started that friends/relatives will continue on his behalf). Thing is, I’ve been reading through it since I was 11… But I’m blaming his voracious writing, and not my own inadequate reading rate :)
I love where you’re placing the blame!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m on giodreads too. How do I find you?
There is a link on my About page I think!
LikeLiked by 1 person
My Goodreads TBR list has 192 books. I cleaned it up last fall when I realized I couldn’t find anything. I cut back on books in series. I’m a sucker for mysteries/detective novels/police procedurals. I only add the next one that I haven’t read so I can keep track.
Actually, this comment inspired me to remove some books. I’m now down to 136.
I should definitely go through and clean up a bunch of books that no longer interest me, etc. I did it recently and got rid of about 50, but then added back a bunch so that wasn’t helpful.