This marks my 101st blog post on Victim To Charm. Why celebrate round numbers like 100 when you can celebrate numbers less traveled by?
Last time I did a roundup, it was on the 6-month anniversary of this blog in July. A lot has happened since then: I’ve posted 54 times, including releasing two photography collections. I went back to school in New York. I hosted three guest bloggers. I got Freshly Pressed. I committed to completing NaBloPoMo this month.
Here’s a breakdown of what you might have missed.
1. Dance is poise, precision, discipline, dedication, strength, rhythm, and passion.
2. I love Portland.
3. Am I a “real blogger” now?
4. Post-fiasco rebuilding of trust.
5. I don’t expect men to lift my suitcase for me, okay?
1. If I hadn’t gone, I would’ve missed the trippy Bohemian Rhapsody video.
2. That one time I broke taboo.
3. Ten dimes, a handful of jellybeans, and a package of Peeps.
4. Sparkling cider and laughter.
5. The bustle of Portland: ding, bloom, carry, stroll, beat, cross, pedal, splash, unwind.
6. I moved in. Let’s have coffee.
7. My Tinder date put a gun in my hand.
8. The solidarity of strollerdom.
1. Liz’s first day of school.
2. Laurie’s first day of school.
3. Caitlin’s first day of school.
4. Cold water, fist bumps, sweatpants, laughter, and kind words.
5. Technically, the tree that fell didn’t make a sound.
6. Adventure begins from day one.
7. Don’t rely on edits.
8. Twenty-seven tabs and schoolwork ain’t one.
9. A slice of humanity, please.
10. The Bechdel test isn’t the end of the conversation. (Freshly Pressed!)
11. Teamwork requires endurance.
12. I told you the Bechdel test was the beginning.
13. The stars at night are big and bright.
1. Only worth it because I got a “first” out of it.
2. Going bare-faced actually upped my confidence.
3. Only $3 for that many tortillas?
4. I’ll admit it, I’m a snob.
5. This is what dreams are made of.
6. Tinder is nothing if not entertaining.
7. Refraction for days.
8. I needed that trip to NYC.
9. Orphan story? Use this photo.
10. Sorry isn’t always good enough.
Thank you to everyone for all the support you’ve given me, both here and on Twitter! I’m looking forward to sharing more of my life, thoughts, and art with you during NaBloPoMo and beyond.